Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ode to Chocolate

 Today, Veronica read Neighborhood Odes by Gary Soto. Then she wrote an Ode celebrating chocolate. The ode must be dedicated to an object, include short lines in the style of Soto, include a simile and metaphor with an option to include repetition and alliteration.



Ode To Chocolate
By: Veronica James Guerinot

The soft crunch
The explosion of flavors
In your mouth
Oozing out the sides
I lick my lips
My taste buds start doing a little jig
Sweetness erupts everywhere
My fingertips sprinkled
With delicious chocolate
I breathe in the
Healthy, sweet air
I jab my fork in
The mini cake
It’s covered in rich
Dark chocolate
I slice the
Heavenly circle
And hot lava
Spills out
Yummy yummy
I spoon it in my mouth
And with every bite
It is like eating
A
Moist double chocolate
Layer cake with dark chocolate
Frosting and chocolate chips
On the side

Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment